Kiy tagged me in this meme, wherein I am supposed to list six things that make me happy, and then tag six other people to do the same. I don't really tag people when it comes to these things, but if anyone out there is reading and would like to play along on their own blog, let me know you did so in the comments!
So, here we go. There are, of course, a lot more than six things that make me happy, and I decided to try to go with very specific moments and things, instead of the more overarching concepts ("family," "friends," etc.).
1) Sitting in a theatre as the lights go down and the orchestra strikes up the overture.
2) A lazy Saturday morning snuggled in bed with Serdic, followed by coffee and breakfast sammiches and not having to go anywhere or do anything for a few hours.
3) A big family dinner, with everyone gathered around the table and good food, good conversation and lots of love circling around.
4) Reading the last chapter of a really fabulous book, trying to stretch the last few words out as long as possible because you just don't want it to be over.
5) Making music in my two choirs with many of my dearest friends.
6) Getting on a plane and going somewhere, anywhere, for a new adventure.
And a bonus number 7) talking about, thinking about, planning a special event coming up in October! :-)
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Last week when I posted my 2008 wrap up Serdic said "but the year's not over yet ... what if something else happens?" Little did I know when I laughed him off that he was planning to make New Year's Eve the most special night of the year, and possibly of my life (so far!). So consider some of my answers to the questions in the previous post adjusted to take into account this little development:
Happy New Year to all my dear friends. We have been showered with good wishes today and I'm feeling very humbled and blessed by the love we feel from so many. 2009 promises to hold many good things for us, and I hope for all of you as well.
Posted by The Singer at 3:59 PM