Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday the 13th

So it's Friday the 13th, which didn't even occur to me until I just got an email from a friend that referenced it. I'm not all that superstitious (about this, anyway) so the date doesn't bother me. As a matter of fact, I'm kind of fond of Friday the 13ths, having been born on one. Someone told me once that people who are born on Friday the 13th are supposed to have good luck on that date instead of bad, but I can't say that my luck has been any better on Friday the 13th compared to other days -- but it hasn't been any worse, either!

I've had a couple of emails from people asking if I'm feeling better after my self-pitying down in the dumps post of last week. The answer, of course, is yes, much. It's been a nice, relaxing week. Serdic and I had date night on Tuesday and took in a movie (Prince Caspian), I got together with some friends on Wednesday for pizza and beer, and last night I sat and did absolutely nothing. It was perfect. This weekend is looking pretty relaxing, too -- only one engagement, my friend C's annual Lobsterfest on Saturday night. Considering neither Serdic nor I eat lobster it seems a little silly to be going, but there will be lots of other food to enjoy and, more importantly, great company and music and laughter.

I guess my big news since yesterday is that we booked our trip to visit PetDoc and Noise in London in September. I am so excited! We're going for ten days and I already can't wait. We've decided to sneak a side trip to Edinburgh in there in the middle, and other than that we're going to bum around London and see what there is to see. I'm particularly looking forward to getting to know PetDoc and Noise's neighbourhood, so I can picture them in it when I hear about their adventures.

So, yes, lots of good things going on. I hope everyone has something fun planned for the weekend!

2 comments:

PetDoc said...

Yay! Can't wait for your visit!

Darklight said...

Being a Halloween baby, I've always been interested in superstitions and the like. I have a dictionary of superstitions, and if memory serves, I believe the unluckiness around the number 13 is regional, and in many parts of the world, 13 is considered lucky. Same with black cats.

13 is my favourite number. Which is apropos of nothing of really, other than the reference to Friday the 13th, but I had to put that out there.

I'm sure you guys will love your trip. I spent a weekend in London and thought it was great. An awesome city for tourists. I got a map, decided where I wanted to go, and walked everywhere. Until I got too tired and decided to brave the "tube".