Saturday, December 29, 2007

Another year over ...

So I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. If yours was even half as wonderful as mine, you're doing well. I commented to someone this week that I'm not sure I could claim that this was the best Christmas ever, as there have been lots of fabulous Christmases in my life, and the absence of someone still sorely missed and never far from my heart does make itself felt, but it certainly ranks in the top five. Good family time, good food, time to remember once again the gift that is Christmas and all it means. A lot of it, of course, has to do with Serdic and sharing our first Christmas together, but it was a wonderful holiday in so many ways. And, of course, I was spoiled rotten. Which is as it should be.

So now Christmas is over, and so, nearly, is 2007. As always, this is a time for reflection. 2007 brought a lot of changes and growth for me. I grew as a singer, as my confidence and skill improved in both choirs and I found my place in the "musical community" of Ottawa. I visited Italy for the first time, and saw things and places I have dreamed about my whole life. I took a photograph that will be displayed in an exhibition in the Museum of Civilization in Quebec City next month. I moved to a new neighbourhood. I tried General Tao's Chicken for the first time and (much to Serdic's chagrin, as now he has to share it!) discovered I love it. I became the trainER, not the trainEE, at work over the summer. I found a whole new circle of friends who have welcomed me with open arms. I started blogging.

And on top of all that, I have had the joy of finding someone to share it all with. Obviously, that is my biggest story of 2007 and the thing that shapes most of my memories and experiences of the past year. I have so many blessings in my life, a loving and supportive family, many precious friends, a job I love and am good at and which allows me to support myself, music, laughter, books, faith, travel, and many opportunities too many women around the world are denied. But for several years I have felt like one piece of the puzzle was missing. Now the puzzle is complete, and I couldn't be happier. Life was good in 2007, and I have no reason to think it won't be even better in 2008.

Wishing you all health and happiness and good fortune.

No comments: