First of all, he liiiiiiiiiiiiiives. For those who had given up checking Serdic's blog out of despair, he blogged last night. Just doing my bit to keep the world informed.
We had a blast last night, and went to my friend J's for a rockin' party. Good friends, good wine, a good year to celebrate, and someone to kiss at midnight. What could be better? J is one of my dearest friends and has seen me through good times and bad, and there's no one else I would have rather celebrated the end of 2007 and the promise of 2008 with. I just hope her head doesn't ache too badly today (at least no more than mine does -- in the cold hard light of day that last glass of wine was probably a mistake).
Someone sent me this survey a little while ago and I thought it was a good way to wrap up the year. It's a bit long, but bear with me. Feel free to post your own answers to some or all in the comments or on your own blogs.
1) What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before? Fell in love.
2) Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't really make 'em, other than the generic "be a better/thinner/richer person"
3) Did anyone close to you give birth? No, although friends adopted and we're waiting to hear on some other friends who are anticipating a birth very soon
4) Did anyone close to you die? No
5) What countries did you visit? Italy, the US
6) What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? I can't think of anything that was really lacking this year; more money, maybe
7) What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? February 1, first date with Serdic
8) What was your biggest achievement of the year? maintaining a healthy relationship and all the big changes that came with it
9) What was your biggest failure? not losing any weight
10) Did you suffer illness or injury? nope
11) What was the best thing you bought? my iPod Nano
12) Whose behavior merited celebration? can't think of anyone in particular, my friends and family in general are worth celebrating pretty regularly
13) Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? so many people, mostly politicians and celebrities; I don't have a lot of people in my real life who disappoint me
14) Where did most of your money go? travel, moving
15) What did you get really, really, really excited about? trip to Italy, moving in with Serdic
16) What song will always remind you of 2007? Hallelujah, the k.d. lang version
17) Compared to this time last year, are you:
- happier or sadder? happier
- thinner or fatter? about the same
- richer or poorer? richer
18) What do you wish you'd done more of? travel
19) What do you wish you'd done less of? complaining
20) How did you spend Christmas? with the family and the boy
21) Did you fall in love in 2007? God, yes
22) How many one-night stands? none
23) What was your favorite TV program? Amazing Race
24) Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No, in fact I am trying to reduce the "hate" and have reached out to a couple of people I left things on bad terms with
25) What was the best book you read? Innocent Traitor, by Alison Weir; it's a novel about one of my favourite historical figures, Lady Jane Grey, who was queen of England for nine days
26) What was your greatest musical discovery? Jim Cuddy
27) What did you want and get? love
28) What did you want and not get? can't think of anything
29) What was your favorite film of this year? Stardust or Enchanted
30) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? family celebration; I was 31
31) What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? having more money, I guess
32) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? discovering my inner hottie
33) What kept you sane? friends and family
34) Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Colin Firth -- the answer to this question is always Colin Firth ... yum
35) What political issue stirred you the most? war in Afghanistan
36) Who did you miss? my Grandad
37) Who was the best new person you met? duh
38) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007: Don't put things off, saying you'll do them later ... later isn't always there. Live while you can.
39) Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: I'm who and where I want to be