Friday, June 15, 2007

Friday serving of sap

Ok, so, here's some news: I'm a big ol' sap. ("This is news?" I hear many of you asking.) Yeah, yeah, yeah. I can't help it -- I think my tear ducts are faulty or something. Anyway. My dear friend Rusty alerted me to this video, wherein a lovely man from Cardiff blows everyone away on England's version of "You've Got Talent." Yeah, I know. Stop looking at me like that.

What's funny for me is that I started watching the video with my cynical side fully engaged -- the singing wasn't that great (he was good, yes, but untrained and that's a difficult piece), the editing of the piece was cheesy, the audience reaction shots were a bit much, and then about halfway through I started getting chills, and, yes, a little weepy. It just goes to show that you shouldn't, you know, judge a book by its cover. Beauty and extraordinariness lurk beneath the surface of the most unassuming-looking of people. Everyone has beauty, everyone has something special to share. Some people are lucky enough to get a chance to share like this, and get a reaction like this, when they never thought, or didn't believe, they were anything special.

Yeah, I'll be cynical again tomorrow. Today I'm a sap.

1 comment:

Travelling Greek said...

I don't like this side of you.

;)