Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Misty water-coloured memories ...

So my bright idea this year for my grandmother's birthday was to make her a memory book, consisting of photos of her with her grandchildren throughout the years. To accomplish this I had to enlist the help of the rest of the family, as it was my parents and aunts and uncles who had the old photos. The results were better than I had hoped and the book was a huge success. And it kickstarted a project for my dad, as once he had dug out all the old photo albums and slides, he decided he wanted to digitize and preserve the photos. He bought an attachment for his digital camera on e-bay that creates digital images of slides and has been merrily snapping away ever since.

You can see some of the best here.

The photos are really interesting to me, for a lot of reasons. I hadn't seen a lot of them before, or at least I don't remember seeing them. Some bring back memories, sometimes very specific as to time and place, other times just a vague recollection. Others just make me smile or laugh, either because of the goofy outfits (it was the 70s, after all!) or just because they are a snapshot of a beautiful and happy moment in the family history. Others make me teary, as they remind me of those no longer with us. It's been quite a trip, to use the 70s lingo.

5 comments:

Travelling Greek said...

AWwwWWWWww!!

Is that you??

The Singer said...

Oui, c'est moi. Cute kid, eh?

I sometimes wonder what happened to her. ;-)

Serdic said...

She grew up into a beautiful woman.

Kiy said...

Great pictures, happy family! :)

Travelling Greek said...

Amen Serd!