Wednesday, August 15, 2007


So Monday was my birthday. And a great celebration it was. We went home on Saturday and the major family party was Sunday evening. My mom went all out and put on a great bash, with more food than any family can eat in a week, let alone one night. Serdic's contribution was his famous cheesecake for dessert and it went over very well, indeed. I think every time my family spends time with him they get closer to deciding that if we break up they'll keep him instead!

I was very spoiled by everyone, and at the end of the day felt very blessed and very loved.

I am particularly blessed because I get to share my birthday with my maternal grandmother. My grandmother is one of my favourite people in the world, and knowing that every year I get to celebrate with her makes our birthday extra special. There's no way to write about my grandmother without sounding like the cheesiest of Hallmark cards, but she truly is the heart and soul of our family and a constant source of strength and comfort for me.

So now I'm another year older. Funny, I don't feel any different than I did a few days ago. But Serdic told me I look "pretty good for an old woman," so I guess I'm doing ok. ;-)


4 comments:

charlotte said...

Sounds like you had a great Birthday. Many Happy Returns!!

Kiy said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I'd sing but ... I have a terrible singing voice! ;)

Cheers and enjoy!

Kiy

cupcake said...

Oh, crap.

I completely forgot, despite it being written down on my calendar. Which I never look at, so there you go.

I'm glad you had a great day and raked in the gifts. Here's to a fabulous year, my dear!

Anonymous said...

Happiest of all happy birthdays to you!